SWG, Inc. has some exciting news to share about our wireless manufacturer Baicells in our weekly blog. Last week, they announced the commercial release of their second generation of 1-watt LTE base stations and UE subscriber units for the 3.65 GHz and CBRS band.
The redesign of their first-generation base stations and subscriber units is a complete rework from top to bottom. This second-gen wireless gear is based on how the market is changing. Baicells does intend to keep and maintain the complete backward compatibility and advanced firmware features from the first-generation versions. Here is the product information and modified features for both pieces of wireless gear:
2nd-Gen eNodeB LTE Base Station
- 1/3 less weight & 50% less operating power (nearly 33 watts)
- Three boards to a single board
- Relocation of ports to reduce clutter and allow for faster weather sealing
- Power connection & Ethernet connection simplified and moved behind a gasketed door
- Redesigned and faster mounting hardware
- Addition of an SFP module
2nd-Gen 19.5 dBi LTE UE CPE
- About 20% smaller antenna, maintaining the highest gain in the market at 19.5 dBi
- Vapor release valve and weep holes to reduce condensation risks
- Gasketed door that eliminates Ethernet weather sealing needs
- SIM slot behind the gasketed door
- New and heavy-duty mounting
- SD slot for local caching
- Short range Wi-Fi-enabled alignment
- Improved software GUI
Patrick Leary, president of Baicells, released a statement about the commercial release of the second-generation fixed wireless gear:
“Our first-generation gear remains fully serviceable and has less than 1.5% total RMAs in our first 2 years, but we decided to show our commitment to the fixed wireless space with a redesign, incorporating the direct feedback from customers. More than just a minor facelift, we rethought these products in their entirety to make them the most WISP-friendly LTE products on the market from an installation and servicing perspective. We know customers will be pleased with the results.”
More About Baicells
Baicells is a privately-held, high tech company providing disruptively-priced and technically innovative LTE wireless broadband access solutions, supporting fixed wireless, and mobile small cells. With the vision to connect the unconnected, Baicells has introduced some real breakthrough technologies to LTE, like moving a complete LTE system to unlicensed spectrum and building it with an IT-based architecture.
If your business or enterprise is looking to improve your wireless network, you need SWG, Inc. We have equipment for any need and budget. Contact our wireless experts today!