Ubiquiti Networks has designed the first airMAX® ac radios for high performance and ease of installation. You have the freedom to deploy the Rocket® ac anywhere in the world, and it allows for a high degree of flexibility in configuring channel bandwidths (subject to local country regulations).
Pair the Rocket5ac Lite with airMAX ac antennas for optimal performance:
- PtP backhaul Rocket5ac Lite with the RocketDish™ ac
- PtMP links Rocket5ac Lite* with the airMAX ac Sector
Software airOS 8
airOS® 8 is the revolutionary operating system for Ubiquiti® airMAX ac products.
Powerful Wireless Features
- Access Point PtMP airMAX Mixed Mode
- airMAX ac Protocol Support
- Long-Range Point-to-Point (PtP) Link Mode
- Selectable Channel Width
- PtP: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz
- PtMP: 10/20/30/40 MHz
- Automatic Channel Selection
- Transmit Power Control: Automatic/Manual
- Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing)
- Strongest WPA2 Security
- airMagic® Channel Selection Tool
- Redesigned User Interface
- Dynamic Configuration Changes
- Instant Input Validation
- HTML5 Technology
- Optimization for Mobile Devices
- Detailed Device Statistics
- Comprehensive Array of Diagnostic Tools, including RF Diagnostics and airView® Spectrum Analyzer
Advanced RF Analytics
airMAX ac devices feature a multi‑radio architecture to power a revolutionary RF analytics engine.
An independent processor on the PCBA powers a second, dedicated radio, which persistently analyzes the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide you with the most advanced RF analytics in the industry.
Data from the spectrum analysis and RF performance monitoring is displayed on the Main tab and airView Spectrum Analyzer.
airOS 8 displays the following RF information:
- Persistent RF Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) constellation diagrams
- Signal, Noise, and Interference (SNI) diagrams
- Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio (CINR) histograms
airView allows you to identify noise signatures and plan your networks to minimize noise interference. airView performs the following functions:
- Constantly monitors environmental noise
- Collects energy data points in real‑time spectral views
- Helps optimize channel selection, network design, and wireless performance
airView runs in the background without disabling the wireless link, so there is no disruption to the network.
In airView, there are three spectral views, each of which represents different data.
- Waterfall Aggregate energy collected for each frequency
- Waveform Aggregate energy collected
- Ambient Noise Level Background noise energy shown as a function of frequency
airView provides powerful spectrum analyzer functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment for conducting site surveys.
Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX ac protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This time slot method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency, so airMAX ac technology provides performance improvements in latency, noise immunity, scalability, and throughput compared to other outdoor systems in its class.
Intelligent QoS Priority assigned to voice/video for seamless streaming.
Scalability High capacity and scalability.
Long Distance Capable of high‑speed, carrier-class links.
The next-generation airMAX ac technology boosts the advantages of our proprietary TDMA protocol.
Ubiquiti’s airMAX engine with custom IC dramatically improves TDMA latency and network scalability. The custom silicon provides hardware acceleration capabilities to the airMAX scheduler, to support the high data rates and dense modulation used in airMAX ac technology.
airMAX ac supports high data rates, which require dense modulation: 256QAM – a significant increase from 64QAM, which is used in airMAX.
With their use of proprietary airMAX ac technology, airMAX ac products supports up to 500+ Mbps (maximum 80 MHz channel width) real TCP/IP throughput – up to triple the throughput of standard airMAX products.
Launched with PtP functionality, the Rocket5ac Lite adds PtMP functionality with a firmware upgrade to airOS v7.1 or higher.
The Rocket5ac Lite is a cost-effective basestation for links experiencing low or moderate levels of interference.
5 GHz Frequency Band This unlicensed band of plentiful spectrum works well for long-distance links. The Rocket5ac Lite covers the full-band5‑GHz spectrum.
Gigabit Ethernet Deliver high throughput over its wired connection.
Passive Power over Ethernet (PoE) 24V Passive PoE functionality is included. Both power and data are carried over a single Ethernet cable to the Rocket ac. Use the included PoE Adapter or an optional PoE switch.
Output Power The Rocket5ac Lite offers up to 27 dBm of output power.
Plug and Play Integration Every airMAX antenna has a built-in Rocket mount, so no tools are needed to install the Rocket ac. (airMAX ac antennas are recommended for optimal performance.)