Ubiquiti Pbe-5ac-Gen2 (W/Dish) 5 GHz High Performance airMAX® ac Bridge
Ubiquiti Networks launches the latest generation of airMAX® CPE (Customer Premises Equipment), the PowerBeam® 5AC Gen 2, with dedicated Wi-Fi management.
Improved Noise Immunity
The PowerBeam 5AC Gen 2 directs RF energy in a tighter beamwidth. With the focus in one direction, the PowerBeam 5AC Gen 2 blocks or spatially filters out noise, so noise immunity is improved. This feature is especially important in an area crowded with other RF signals of the same or similar frequency.
Ubiquiti’s InnerFeed® technology integrates the radio into the feedhorn of an antenna, so there is no need for a cable. This improves performance because it eliminates cable losses. Featuring high performance and innovative design, the PowerBeam 5AC Gen 2 is versatile and cost‑effective to deploy.
airOS® 8 is the revolutionary operating system for Ubiquiti® airMAX ac products.
Powerful Wireless Features
- Access Point PtMP airMAX Mixed Mode
- airMAX ac Protocol Support
- Long-Range PtP Link Mode
- Selectable Channel Width
- PtP: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz
- PtMP: 10/20/30/40 MHz
- Automatic Channel Selection
- Transmit Power Control: Automatic/Manual
- Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing)
- Strongest WPA2 Security
- airMagic® Channel Selection Tool
- Redesigned User Interface
- Dynamic Configuration Changes
- Instant Input Validation
- HTML5 Technology
- Optimization for Mobile Devices
- Detailed Device Statistics
- Comprehensive Array of Diagnostic Tools, including RF Diagnostics and airView® Spectrum Analyzer
Advanced RF Analytics
airMAX ac devices feature a multi‑radio architecture to power a revolutionary RF analytics engine. An independent processor on the PCBA powers a second, dedicated radio, which persistently analyzes the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide you with the most advanced RF analytics in the industry.
airOS 8 displays the following RF information:
- Persistent RF Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) constellation diagrams
- Signal, Noise, and Interference (SNI) diagrams
- Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio (CINR) histograms
airView allows you to identify noise signatures and plan your networks to minimize noise interference. airView performs the following functions:
- Constantly monitors environmental noise
- Collects energy data points in real‑time spectral views
- Helps optimize channel selection, network design, and wireless performance
In airView, there are three spectral views, each of which represents different data: waveform, waterfall, and ambient noise level. airView provides powerful spectrum analyzer functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment for conducting site surveys.
The PowerBeam 5AC Gen 2 integrates a separate Wi-Fi radio for fast and easy setup using your mobile device.
Accessing airOS via Wi-Fi
The UNMS™ app provides instant accessibility to the airOS configuration interface and can be downloaded from the App Store® (iOS) or Google Play™ (Android). UNMS allows you to set up, configure, and manage the PowerBeam 5AC Gen 2 and offers various configuration options once you’re connected or logged in.
Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This time slot method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency, so airMAX technology provides performance improvements in latency, noise immunity, scalability, and throughput compared to other outdoor systems in its class.
Intelligent QoS Priority assigned to voice/video for seamless streaming.
Scalability High capacity and scalability.
Long Distance Capable of high‑speed, carrier-class links.
The next-generation airMAX ac technology boosts the advantages of our proprietary TDMA protocol.
Ubiquiti’s airMAX engine with custom IC dramatically improves TDMA latency and network scalability. The custom silicon provides hardware acceleration capabilities to the airMAX scheduler, to support the high data rates and dense modulation used in airMAX ac technology.
airMAX ac supports high data rates, which require dense modulation: 256QAM – a significant increase from 64QAM, which is used in airMAX.
With their use of proprietary airMAX ac technology, airMAX ac products supports up to 450+ Mbps real TCP/IP throughput – up to triple the throughput of standard airMAX products.
The PowerBeam 5AC Gen 2 supports up to 450+ Mbps real TCP/IP throughput and features improved surge protection.
Innovative Mechanical Design
- Built-in mechanical tilt Mounting bracket conveniently offers elevation adjustments: ± 20° tilt.
- Quick assembly Minimal fasteners simplify installation.
- Easy removal The antenna feed can be detached with the push of a button.
- Fasteners GEOMET-coated for improved corrosion resistance when compared with zinc-plated fasteners.
- Dish and brackets Made of galvanized steel that is powder‑coated for superior corrosion resistance. The hardware also prevents paint from being removed from the metal brackets for improved corrosion resistance.
- Optional support In high-wind environments, you can enhance support with additional hardware (not included).
The dish reflector design of the PBE-5AC-Gen2 makes it an ideal CPE for deployments requiring maximum performance. A protective radome is available as an optional accessory for the PBE-5AC-Gen2.
The PBE-5AC-ISO-Gen2 offers a rear housing with a metal-plated interior, designed to enhance RF shielding. Additionally, an included protective radome shields the PowerBeam 5AC ISO Gen 2 from nature’s harshest elements.
Breakthrough RF Isolation
The integrated isolator design spatially filters out interference, so the PBE-5AC-ISO-Gen2 delivers improved noise immunity in co-location deployments.
Why Choose SWG?
Top-Notch Support. When you have a problem that you and your team cannot solve, our knowledgeable engineers are on-call to help you solve the issue. We carry all major brands of fixed wireless equipment including Cambium Networks, Telrad, Mikrotik, Ubiquiti, and more. Because we offer both New and Certified Pre-Owned, we have solutions for every budget!